Yellow Pages, Birmingham 2005 – 2009
Studio Artist / Team Manager – Yellow Book USA, Yellow Pages UK
- Produced advertisement artwork for inclusion in both UK and US versions of Yellow Pages directories. Modified existing or supplied artwork or undertook free licence designs, complying with customer and technical specifications, size, font and colour requirements and regulations concerning the use of third party logos.
- Achieved high standards of accuracy and productivity rates.
- Used Illustrator, Freehand, InDesign and Photoshop on both Mac and PC platforms.
- Specialised in ‘Spec Visual’ production, producing advertisements for sales consultants to use as part of presentations to prospective customers. Received strong feedback on the conversion of spec visuals to actual sales.
- Worked ‘Twilight Shift’ (4pm to 2am) as part of a drive to improve flexibility.
- Promoted to manage a 15-strong studio team, ensuring the production of high-quality directory display adverts, maintaining compliance with tight deadlines and ensuring use of ‘clean’ construction techniques.
- Provided training and development for both full-time and temporary staff, ensuring the continual improvement of skills.
Yellow Pages bought out Pindarset and several years later made everyone redundant, moving all design and pagination to Bangalore, India. Don’t think it did them much good though, now the only profitable division of the once-giant corporate is the Yell.com arm, the size of the books you get through your letterbox these days is testament to that.